Thursday, June 26, 2008

I just needed a kick in the pants

And the yucky way Wnedy's makes me feel all afternoon will do it...

Yesterday was granola for breakfast, Wendy's chicken nuggets, fries and side salad for lunch, an apple, some carrots and hummus for a snack, and a salad for dinner...

I went to the gym! woo! I didn't really do much, but thats ok, right? 
Did a 28 minute interval run for 2.34 miles, then jogged another 10 minute mile....

I wanted to do this routine i saw in Self magazine last month, by some dancer from some dance show, but it's already off shelves. :( I might check the library or see if any of my friends have it. 

Anyway, i did some good stretching after running and my legs don't feel as stiff as usual this morning... But I've heard you're more likely to hurt yourself if you stretch after running because your muscles are all soft. you know this stuff better than me, what do you think?

Today so far is frosted mini-wheats. mmm. I'm a little worried about this weekend, might be eating out a lot, and that very rarely = healthy.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

28 min run is very good!! I am proud of you!!

I think you should stretch before and after. I usually don't stretch before or after I usually stretch the next day when i feel stiff. But maybe i feel stiff because I dont stretch. Im not sure if I actually know more.

I have a new theory about work out routines. I have often thought that the goal was to find the "best" work out routine and stick with it. That can be overwhelming of course because there are so many out there and even if you find one that you think is the best its only a matter of time before there is another one even better! And its hard to keep working out if you just do the same thing over and over again.

So I think that the best thing to do is try all kinds of exercise programs like the one in Self, and do them until you are bored and then move on to the next one like a yoga dvd and then find one on the internet. etc.

What do u think?

Sarah said...

When you need a kick in the pants just come back to this blog and click on the link. That should motivate you.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=31071219&id=50201078&ref=nf#pid=31071211