This recipe will make 12 mini-muffins, about the size of your fist and perfect for breakfast/afternoon snack/dessert. I've made some changes to the recipe I got from a cookbook, and halved everything down, because it was seriously impossible to eat 24 muffins before they got stale. But if you have a bigger family, just double everything.
-Use a fork to mix together 3/4 C of whole wheat flour, 1/2 C oat bran, 1 tsp baking soda, 1 tsp baking powder, 1/2 tsp cinnamon and 1/2 tsp allspice in a bowl.
Make a well in the center, add one egg and 1/2 C of brown sugar. You can also add a handful of dates or raisins here if you want. I don't, simply because I always forget, but I never miss them. Mix this all together with a whisk or beater. Be careful if you use a beater; I'm still finding dried batter in random spots on the kitchen walls.
Gradually stir in 1 C applesauce and mix thoroughly. I use the natural kind without added sugar and it works fine. But do whatever floats your boat, dude.
Fill 12 muffin molds with 1/3 C of the mix. Do not use paper muffin or cupcake thingys. The muffins stick to them. It's sad. Put the mix right into a non-stick pan, or spray your pan with greaser-stuff.
Then*** (this is the exciting part!!) drop 1 tsp of raspberry (or strawberry or apricot or boisonberry or... you get the point) jam on top of each.
Drop another 1/3 C mix on top of the jam.
Bake for 25-30 minutes. Let them cool for a bit in the pan, then take 'em out and enjoy. They last a while in storage containers, like maybe a few weeks if they re sealed up...
1 comment:
wowie zowie that sounds so good :)
Thanks buddy!! Maybe I will make them on Sunday :)
Yeah I don't think I eat 24 muffins in a year, so thanks for altering the recipe.
Post a Comment