Is rice milk good? I just went to the doc's (thought i might have an ulcer) and she said i likely have irritable bowel syndrome. YUCK. but sounds like she thinks it's fairly mild, so that's good, I have to start taking fiber pills.
Anyway, one of the big irritants is milk, and i'm wondering if i oughta switch to something like that... is it super expensive?
HEY! I think I had that a long time ago and I pretty much stay away from milk, i eat cheese and ice cream and stuff but not milk.
Rice milk is a little bit expensive but its very tasty. More like skim milk, but sweeter. I find that the cost is off set by the fact that I just don't use much of it. Its pretty good for things like cereal and protein shakes and cold stuff. But I don't like to cook with it, it behaves differently then milk so be careful.
I try not to do the soy milk thing because we get so much soy in our food anyway.
Do you have to stay away from all milk products or just milk?
Just milk, I think. Cheese hasn't caused me any problems other than what happens to everyone who eats too much cheese. Since I eat the very plain kind of yogurt, that should be ok. it has "cultures."
I was reeeeally hoping it was an ulcer so i could just take a coure of antibiotics and be done with it. And I hate taking antibiotics, but this is the one time i would have done it, no questions asked.
3 comments:
Is rice milk good? I just went to the doc's (thought i might have an ulcer) and she said i likely have irritable bowel syndrome. YUCK. but sounds like she thinks it's fairly mild, so that's good, I have to start taking fiber pills.
Anyway, one of the big irritants is milk, and i'm wondering if i oughta switch to something like that... is it super expensive?
HEY! I think I had that a long time ago and I pretty much stay away from milk, i eat cheese and ice cream and stuff but not milk.
Rice milk is a little bit expensive but its very tasty. More like skim milk, but sweeter. I find that the cost is off set by the fact that I just don't use much of it. Its pretty good for things like cereal and protein shakes and cold stuff. But I don't like to cook with it, it behaves differently then milk so be careful.
I try not to do the soy milk thing because we get so much soy in our food anyway.
Do you have to stay away from all milk products or just milk?
Just milk, I think. Cheese hasn't caused me any problems other than what happens to everyone who eats too much cheese. Since I eat the very plain kind of yogurt, that should be ok. it has "cultures."
I was reeeeally hoping it was an ulcer so i could just take a coure of antibiotics and be done with it. And I hate taking antibiotics, but this is the one time i would have done it, no questions asked.
Post a Comment