Wow. Summer flies when you're a grown-up and can't sit around all day and play outside.... :(
In the grown-up world of having to "work out" to burn BBQ calories and not being able to just have an hours-long water gun fight, I've been doing ok this week, mostly to make up for last week and the weekend.
Saturday, we went to Maine and got lobsters, and mussels and chips and beer for the 6 month anniversary of when we met. Sometimes the former single me is disgusted with how sacchrine-sweet this relationship is. But then I remember that I love it... hah. And, well, in the grand scheme of things, my goal is to stay away from processed foods, and those lobsters came from the ocean to my plate with nothing in between but boiling water and butter. Yummy-yummy-yum.
Sunday was Chinese food. Lots of Chinese Food. Like, more Chinese food than people should really eat. I didn't eat that badly, actually, or that much. I shouldn't have had the second chicken wing, but I stayed (mostly) away from the Orange Beef (which was tasty but fried) and from the fried rice, which was tasty, and full of chicken, pork, shrimp and SALT.
Monday- light breakfast, veggie taco, diet coke, pasta with veggies and ricotta cheese, some crackers and cottage cheese, and a good hour + at the gym... and as a treat, a piece of toast with Nutella. Mmmmmmmm...
Tuesday- yogurt and Cocoa Puffs (can't help it, I love 'em)... Salad, Dr. Pepper, plum, peanut butter on a pita, toast with Nutella (it's one of those things that calls my name from the cupboard even if I'm at work. I think about it all day)... leftover pasta/veggie/ricotta... another 45 minutes at the gym... and then three beers and two slices of pizza... I was starving, it was Phil's birthday, I figured I had a salad for lunch and I went to the gym two days in a row. I deserved pizza.
Today I brought another salad to work, and had half an apple and peanut butter for breakfast and I have yogurt and store brand Honey Nut Chex for later, and a banana....
Probably won't have time for the gym, because I'm going over to a friends house for a movie, and we had talked about pizza, so I'll ahve to see if she still wants it after last night... Hope not.
Anyway. I'm feeling good. I'm keeping hydrated - or at least, I'm drinking a lot of tea. Not quite the same thing, but close.
Wednesday, July 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment